dinsdag 2 juni 2009

Why would anyone want to be a musician in this environment?

Why would anyone want to be a musician in this environment?
May 21
Posted in Creativity, Music Industry
“Why would anyone want to be a musician in this environment?”
I wake up every day fascinated by this question. I think I know but would love to hear more from everybody. I posted this question to twitter tonight and this is what I got the first hour. Keep em coming. I would love to understand this better.-
musicadium@davekusek I would want to be a musician no matter what environment we were in. The desire to create would override, methinks.
andreakremer@davekusek Isn’t that like asking why anyone would want to play tennis? Do people who play tennis give up because they can’t make a profit?
timothyeric@davekusek fascinated that people still want to be musicians or by the environment and its challenges?
kmsolorio@davekusek passion is the only reason I could come up with. btw, very interested in learning more about your tools for musicians.
marjae@davekusek I am a musician because I love music and, more importantly, sharing it with people. This sharing gives a high unlike any other.
marjae@davekusek Great question! It would be great if you could share some of your replies with us. . . the questions certainly made me think!
Lars_Christian@davekusek I think that if “he environment is a factor on whether you become a musician or not, you probably won’t “make it” either way.
tigerpop@davekusek it’s not always about want.
Pattyoboe@davekusek Being a musician is just who I am … no matter the environment. Maybe like I was still a mom when my kids acted up, I guess ..?
gah650@davekusek it’s an inexorable artistic need to create; thank God.
melbahead@davekusek If being a musician is anything like being a visual artist then it doesn’t matter what one wants. It’s a compulsion, a calling
_willthompson@davekusek it’s extremely hard and counterintuitive to hold back from doing something you have natural predisposition for.
kimpwitmanRT @davekusek: why would anyone want to be a musician in this environment? can someone tell me? i wake up every day fascinated by this.
manishamusic@davekusek Being a musician is not particularly easy in any market-based economy. Something deep inside steers the wheels. Is it insanity?
PtbTrees@davekusek perhaps the love of music is enough to make it worth it. at least thats how I feel
atomicdacia@davekusek because its like a drug. Once its in you you just can’t get enough
Kalajdame@davekusek it seems like an easy way to make money i guess..i do it cuz i love to make music and if i could get paid for it ..u kno the rest

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten